Venue Seekers Top Tips for finding the right venue
Selecting the perfect venue isn’t easy as there are so many elements to consider. However, get them right and you’re on your way to success. Here are our top tips of what to consider when choosing a venue:
- Location, location, location! Where to host your event is important, particularly if you have guests coming from afar. You don’t want to put people off by choosing a great venue that’s a problem to get to. However, sometimes people are prepared to travel the distance for a particularly trendy or unusual venue. Make sure you weigh up the pros and cons.
- How easy it is to find and access the venue? Is it well sign- posted? Do disabled guests need to park outside? If you are planning to install lighting and other equipment, find out if contractors can park outside and get access to the function room easily.
- A great venue needs top class catering. Some venues have contracts with suppliers, or insist that you use their own facilities. So, if you want to use a specially selected caterer you should inform the venue of this in advance of confirming a booking.
- Check out the facilities. If you are arranging a business conference, check out the wifi options and mobile phone charging points. If you are organizing a multi-day conference, check to see if there are enough rooms at the venue, or if there are plenty of hotels nearby.
- The best venues are like a fabulous little black dress. You should be able to dress it up or down, or simply leave it alone and let the ambience do the talking. But if you’re arranging a launch party or corporate function that requires branding, lighting, exhibits and room dressing, you should run this by the venue before making a booking.
- If you are arranging an event where families are attending, you might want to consider how safe the venue is for children. Health and safety is very important these days.
- If public transport isn’t an option you’ll need to consider if there is enough parking either at the venue or nearby. Find out if your guests will have to pay to park as you may need to communicate this in advance.
- Some venues have rules and guidelines that you need to be aware of, so check the small print through thoroughly before signing anything, and ask lots of questions.
Venue Seekers offers advice on all the above and more. By thinking about yours and your guests’ special requirements in advance, means that your event will be more organised and successful.